Marketo Review: Features, Pros, Cons & Best Alternatives
What is Marketo?
Commonly referred to as Marketo Engage or Adobe Marketo, It is amongst the top most connected engagement or email marketing platforms ever used. It is also one of the best open marketing platforms ever designed.
It specializes in lead management, campaigning, digital marketing/advertising, reporting, real-time personalization, marketing automation, account based marketing, lead scoring, Return on Investment marketing, email marketing, and event marketing, among other things.
Any serious or successful marketer needs Adobe Marketo to initiate their day’s proceedings.
Gartner and Forrester, analyst firms, both recognize Adobe Marketo as a leader in the industry, and customers confirm as much. It is important to note that Marketo mostly deals with B2B transactions, but can easily handle B2C as well.
This engagement platform has laid a proper foundation by partnering up with Chapman Bright, which uses MarTech to drive customers to your doorstep and promote the growth of your business.
This extensive level of success has made Marketo a market leader in ABM (Account Based Marketing) and B2B (Business to Business).
Adobe Marketo’s automation features are royalty standard, and they function to give you total control over your marketing and sales departments through the afforded ability to integrate them. This marketing automation platform is especially popular for its scalable and collaborative capacity.
Marketo Engage allows you to duplicate your campaigns and globally cooperate in the Center of Excellence. Its wide-ranging contact profiles that have a lengthy history of engagement mannerisms allow you to easily increase your customer base and rapidly grow your business. Besides, on an individual level, you get to learn a lot about effective ways through which you can leverage that data to attain cutting-edge personalization and engagement breakdown.
Adobe Marketo will provide your business with anything it desires, and give you complete governance over all your processes. If you are new, no need to worry. Marketo still allows you to learn on the job through their very detailed and effective templates.
As you grow and become better skilled in marketing automation, you can easily transition to using more advanced and customized features.
Reasons why you should choose Adobe Marketo
- It has simple, and easy to understand/navigate CRM Integrations
- It is an impeccable choice for ABM
- You get extensive customization and segmentation options
- Access to the highly profitable contact profiling option
- It is a scalable platform
- It generates excellent lead management and outstanding sales flow
- Adobe Marketo offers you a platform for multi-channel marketing
- It allows marketing return on investment provenance reporting
- It is ideal for businesses looking to expand internationally as it offers tools for international marketing
- Since it specializes in B2B, it has the perfect features for running large campaigns
- It spearheads the marketing technology front with such tech as the Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Users have paid access to various extrapolative AI features
- Although its features are quite advanced, they are really easy to use, making it ideal for all users
Adobe Marketo’s Features
Marketo offers a wide variety of highly useful features, all of which allow you to provide your clients with appropriate content in actual time. If you seek to explore cross-channel marketing, Marketo has the exact automation tools you need.
With Adobe Marketo, you can easily increase engagement for your business as well as the conversion rates for all your ads. Their robust reporting analytics allow you to establish the value of your marketing strategies.
Keep reading to understand all the valuable features you have access to when you subscribe to Marketo.
1. Cross-Channel Marketing
Marketo Engage allows you to synchronize engagement through various channels. You can do this individually or through online engagement. It allows you to always know your customers’ progress from the moment they start their journey with you. Cross-channel marketing allows you to connect with your customers in a relevant manner each time.
2. Sales and Marketing Alliances
Integrating your sales and marketing departments effectively allows you to create a seamless, customized experience for your customers. Strategically employing marketing tactics such as customer insights, prioritized leads, and intelligent content automatically boosts your sales through increased conversions.
3. Content Intelligence
Content intelligence features allow you to develop content that assures customers that you understand their needs as they arise. This feature utilizes real-time mannerisms collected from customer profiles both when online and offline. The platform also gives AI features that allow you to pinpoint and provide the finest and most effective content to give your customers scaled personalized experiences.
4. Data and Insights
Marketo efficiently provides you with all the relevant data to help you establish the value of each campaign, channel, and content. In turn, this allows you to understand your marketing efforts in detail, and the manner in which they contribute to your business growth. As such, you can easily know the ones that are not performing and figure out a way to improve them.
It is important to note that Adobe Marketo does not offer free trials. You also have to understand that to access certain pricing information, you must have subscribed to Marketo’s membership plans as the platform does not avail all its pricing information to the public.
When subscribing to Adobe Marketo, it is important to understand that their pricing is based on the product quantity within a marketing database as opposed to using.
Spark Membership Plan
It is a basic membership plan, and it goes for $895 monthly. It allows not more than 10,000 contacts. Other factors available to users on this plan include:
- Email Marketing
- Customer Interaction Engine
- Communication Limits
- Marketing Calendar
- Webinars And Event Marketing
- Lead Generation/Management
- CRM Integration
- 5 Sales Insight Users
- 5 Marketing Calendar Users
- Social Boost
Standard Membership Plan
This plan goes for $1,795 a month, and it offers all the features of the Spark membership plus more. Other features offered on the Standard membership include:
- A/B Testing
- Advanced Dynamic Content
- Progressive Forms Profiling
- Revenue Analyzers
- Revenue Cycle Modeler
- Extended Integrations and API
- Marketing Program Analyzer
- Advanced Lead Scoring
- 5 Additional Sales Insight Users
Select Membership Plan
It is the most expensive plan, and it goes for a whopping $3,195 monthly. With this plan, you get all the features available on the standard membership and then some. The extra features accessible on this platform include:
- Advanced revenue analytics
- Role-oriented permissions and access
- Time-series data warehouse
- Advanced email analytics
- Advanced custom reports
- Social sweepstakes and referrals
- An additional 10 sales insight users (to make a total of 20)
Pros and Cons of Adobe Marketo
The designers behind Marketo are simply geniuses! Pardot is the platform’s lead competitor, and most users prefer Adobe Marketo to Pardot due to Marketo’s usability and its design. Keep reading to figure out all the advantages and disadvantages of using Marketo.
- Ease of use and intuition: It must be the best platform of its kind in terms of usability. Although its user interface may be a tad bit unimpressive in terms of aesthetics, it is quite well organized with clear labels that make the platform quite easy to navigate.
- It is easy and fast to set up: Its ease of use makes Adobe Marketo quite the safe choice in terms of the time it takes you to learn and start using it effectively. Its competitors are quite a bit more difficult to implement and run.
- Excellent integration with Salesforce: Marketo and Salesforce assimilate beautifully to give users the most productive features. The initial integration process can be quite cumbersome and time-consuming, but once it’s done using the synced version becomes quite effortless and tenfold productive.
- Outstanding customer support and community: The customer support team at the market is extremely efficient and works effectively with users to avail total and complete support. Marketo’s very active pool of users helps in creating support by providing assistance with campaigns or any arising technical issues.
- Deficient landing page/form builder: Adobe Marketo was originally designed for lead management, and even though the tool has over time undergone a series of updates, its landing page builder still remains cumbersome and hard to use.
- Reports and analytics: Most users find that Marketo’s analytics and reporting capacity need major improvement. You always need extensions to help you develop reports that should be easily generated with the click of a button.
- Precipitous hikes in pricing: Upgrading from one Marketo membership to another is quite expensive. The three pricing tiers are valued at $895, $1,795, and $3,175 monthly. As such, it proves quite expensive to pay an extra $900 to $1,400 monthly just to access a few more features.
Any top rated product will definitely reflect high charges for its tools. Adobe Marketo is an excellent option for your business. If you can afford their charges, it is the best platform for all your marketing and engagement needs. You will definitely get value for your money with this platform!
52 Best Marketo Alternatives
What is Vuture? Today, many marketers need tools that help their organization in various tasks, especially for marketing purposes. Am.
- Auto Responders
- List Segmentation
- A/B Testing
- Mailing List Management
Introduction GrooveFunnels is a complete suite of marketing tools designed to help you build sales funnels, and websites (also known.
Introduction “Do I need a landing page for email marketing?” - Anonymous Unbounce is a landing page builder that can.
- Smart Builder
- High Tech Conversion Intelligence
- Popups and Sticky Bars
- Unbounce Integrations
Introduction Envoke is a web-based lead generation solution that offers an intuitive platform to generate and nurture leads. Products and.
- Inbox Delivery
- Analytics & Integration
- List Management
- Customizable Forms
Introduction Since we all know that the present and the future of email marketing are not blurry at all, we’re.
- Easy Import Of Contacts
- Editable Templates
- Clear Insights & Analytics
- Dedicated IPs
Introduction Markate enables you to effectively manage the business' schedule from any device, so you can keep the operation running.
- Simple Booking
- Key Insights
- Advanced Scheduling
- Estimates & Invoices
Introduction “Can you send marketing emails from Gmail?” - Anonymous. We’re excited to review a mass email sending service, GMass,.
- Send Emails From Google Sheets
- Campaign Analytics
- Support Automatic Follow Up Emails
- Email Bounce Management
What is Moosend? Moosend is an email marketing platform designed specifically for small businesses. It is the perfect tool to.
- Data Fields
- Email Builder
What is Lemlist? Lemilist can be your ultimate solution for your email campaigns or business-related email queries. You can easily.
- Cold Emails
- Easy Integrations
- Highly Affordable
What is DashThis? DashThis is a marketing reporting application that allows marketers and agencies to create custom dashboards for SEO,.
- Keeps All Your Marketing Needs Under One Place
- Access To All Integrations & Sources
- In-Built & Clone Template
What is TinyLetter? TinyLetter is an email marketing tool that helps you send simple, informative messages, and news stories to.
- Drag & Drop Email Builder
- Real Time Editor
- Send Pop Campaigns
- Customize Templates Available
What is Customer.io? Customer.io is known as an automation email marketing tool mainly used by tech-savvy marketers. Also, it is.
- Direct Integrations
- Integration With Third-Party
- Individual Profile Data Watching
- Convert Your Group Into Ad Audiences
Introduction Pabbly is a SaaS-based software solution that optimizes and streamlines your email marketing experience. From payment billing to subscription.
- Email Marketing
- Email Verification
- Subscription Builder
- Form Builder
Salesforce Marketing Cloud
What is Salesforce Marketing Cloud? Salesforce Marketing Cloud is a SaaS platform that has the potential to assist various areas.
- Email Studio
- Journey Builder
- AI Einstein
- Content Creation
Introduction SendPulse is a multipurpose email marketing tool that is suitable for both small and large businesses in managing text.
- Convenient Email Editor
- Responsive Templates
- Resend To Unopened
- User Access Levels
Introduction “What is BuzzStream, and how can I improve my SEO game with it?” - Anonymous When thinking about.
- Link Building
- Email Management
- Extensive Outreach Tactics
- Website Link Management Or Analysis
What is Saleshandy? Saleshandy is a fantastic email marketing tool to perform specific tasks by sitting on your chair with.
- Campaign Control
- Campaign Analytics
- AI And Automation
- Email Platform Integration
What is Opensense? Opensense is a tool used for adding email marketing banners, and email signatures which works along with.
- Lead Builder
- Market Insight
- Predictive Scoring
- Customer Experience
Introduction Sendoso is known as one of the best email marketing software. Nowadays, it is getting popular because of its.
- Send Personalized Gifts
- Advanced Meeting Scheduler
Introduction Email marketing tools like Robly can be an essential part of any marketing strategy. Email marketing automation can save.
- Robly Engage
- Pre-Built Intuitive Email Templates
- Robly OpenGen
- Robly AI
What is Zoho Campaigns? Zoho Campaigns is an email marketing software used for social campaigns and helps in developing social.
- Test Your Created Email
- Next Level A/B Email View Testing
- Pre Designed Templates
- Dynamic Content
Introduction Nowadays, email marketing is one of the most reliable & effective marketing strategies. With the right tools and elements.
- Email Deliverability
- Email List Management
- Interactive Inbound Routing
- Robust Email APIs
Introduction Nowadays, Amazon is one of the best shopping sites known for its quality, on-time delivery, and effective products. But,.
- Easy To Deliver Email
- Flexible Configuration Options
- Easy To Integrate
- Complete Control
What is GetResponse? Email marketing is a great way to increase brand awareness and even promote conversions. However, you need.
- Drag & Drop Email Editor
- Email Templates
- Funnel Builder
- Email Automation
Introduction A good email marketing tool like Mailjet is at the core of every successful Digital Marketing strategy. And it.
- Custom Email Builder
- A/B Testing
- SMTP Relay and Email API
- Email Analytics
Introduction "What is Infusionsoft used for?" - Anonymous. Choosing where to invest your email marketing dollars isn't a decision you.
- Next level email marketing automation
- e-Commerce & payment reminders
- Capture qualified leads in real-time
- Dedicated email performance tool
What is iContact? iContact is a straightforward email marketing solution for small businesses and is one of the oldest software.
- Creative Format
- Incredible Automation
- Email Campaign Management
- Contacts Management
Introduction BombBomb helps sales professionals to convert leads, build trust, and rehumanize their communication using a simple video. With this.
- Quick Send
- Support Rich Video Email
- Accurate Analytics
Introduction Any real estate investor will confirm that it is a highly lucrative business. However, for it to be as.
- Countrywide Property Database
- Targeted Property Search
- Rehab Estimator
- Marketing Tools
Kajabi: Introduction Kajabi was mainly developed to help build online businesses. Besides, a winning idea, all online business owners will.
- Website Builder
- Diverse Product
- Sales Page Generator
- One Stop Solution For Email Marketing
What is Builderall? Builderall is a platform that you can use to build a website and also to market your.
- Funnel Transfer
- CRM Integration
- A/B Split Testing
- DDOS Attack Prevention
Introduction “Today, Social Means Business.” - Sprout Social Social media managers assist their organizations in handling their social media accounts.
- Social Management
- Social Amplification
- Data & Intelligence
- Extensive Customer Care Support
What is ClickFunnels? ClickFunnels is a sales funnel software. It is ideal for companies who are into scaling up their.
- Funnel Builder & Share Funnels
- Email Automation
- Payment Gateways
- Drag and Drop Editor
What is Bronto? Bronto is Oracle's email marketing platform that enables all-size organizations to automate and optimize email, mobile, and.
- WYSIWYG Email Editor
- Dynamic Content Testing & Implementation
- Email Deliverability Reporting
- Mobile Optimization
The main question on everyone’s lips is what is Leadpages? Well, Leadpages is an email marketing tool that helps entrepreneurs.
- Keywords Suggestions
- HTML Input
- eCommerce Capabilities
- Website Hosting
What is Flodesk? Flodesk is an email automation tool businesses, and bloggers use to grow their business by building a.
- Beautiful Templates
- Easy User Interface
- Affordable Pricing
- Customer Support
What is MailerLite? MailerLite is the email marketing tool that permits generating and sending newsletters and reports on the subscriber's.
- Email Campaigns & Surveys
- Landing Pages
- A/B Testing
What is SendGrid? SendGrid is a cloud based service which was founded in 2009 by Isaac Saldana, Jose Lopez and.
- Email API Price Plan
- Marketing Campaigns Plans
- Extensive Support
- Intuitive Features
● What is Campaign Monitor? Campaign Monitor is a website, worldwide used by marketers for simple and effective email marketing..
- Affordable Plans
- Manage List and Segments
- Extensive Email Builder
Campaigner provides a very powerful email marketing automation solution that enables business enterprises and the mid-market to drive a higher.
- A/B Testing
- Campaign Management
- 900+ Responsive Templates
- Customer Surveys
Mailercloud is a cloud-based email marketing tool that offers simple data-driven, user-friendly email marketing features. This email marketing tool ensures.
- Try Drag & Drop Email News Letter Builder or Use Extensive Template Gallery
- Advanced Time Trigger Scheduling
- Auto Responders
AWeber is a market leader of local business email advertising software. Founded in 1998, AWeber has over two decades of.
Mailchimp's all-in-one Marketing Platform helps local business market smarter so you can grow quicker. As the backbone for your client.
.Convertkit is an advertising and marketing automation tool that delivers a straightforward remedy for drip email campaigns and produces simple.
Benchmark Email makes the tools you need basic, so you can return to building connections, accelerating your business, and elevating.
Create and send better emails. A stable platform used by tens of thousands for email marketing. DirectIQ is an email.
Create, send out, as well as track e-mail advertising and marketing projects in mins. With an email advertising software program,.
Elastic Email is a Canadian-Polish firm, established in 2010. It is an incredible email marketing platform that improved the most.
Mad Mimi is the simplest means to develop, send, share and also track email newsletters online. Mad Mimi is for.
Campayn allows you to produce, share as well as track newsletters and also advertising e-mails. There are a lot of.
Apptivo is a cloud platform of integrated business apps designed for companies of all shapes & dimensions. Manage virtually any.
rasa.io sends a personalized and completely custom-made newsletter to each one of your clients, each time you send. You select.