12 Best Surfshark VPN Software Alternatives
To begin with, what is Surfshark? It is a VPN company that offers virtual private network services that primarily focus on privacy. The company is in the British Virgin Islands and offers great connection speeds that enable people to do various things like streaming, torrenting, and gaming as well. Have you ever wondered how VPNs work? If not, let me explain.
VPNs improve your privacy by collecting all your web traffic and data. It does this with the help of an encrypted connection to a remote server. Unlike before, privacy has become a necessity in the world today. Modern technology has done so much good and harm.
One of the negative things it has done is compromising people’s security and deprive them of their privacy. Because of security threats posed by technological advancement, we have VPNs to help hide our identity.
Hiding an identity or location may sound dangerous, but in fact, it’s a good thing because it prevents so much harm and criminal activities from happening. The following content is focusing on Surfshark VPN, its features, price, and its comparison with NordVPN.
Surfshark vs NordVPN
Apart from Surfshark, we still have another VPN in the market that is NordVPN. This VPN is made by NordVPN s.a. It is the world’s fastest VPN and protects you from throttling experiences, where the internet service provider may restrict your internet speed without telling you. But is there a difference between the two VPNs? What makes each one of them stand out to be called the best? Let’s find out.
- VPN’s price constantly changes depending on the package and the model. Anytime the company updates its services, the price is prone to change or just remain the same.
- Surfshark VPN is less expensive and its price starts at $2.49/month. This means that for two years of service, one will pay $59.76 for services. It has a subscription plan that costs $12.95/month.
- If you decide to take NordVPN’s 2-year plan, you’ll pay $3.49 each month. Again, if you choose a 1-year strategy, the cost will be $6.99 each month. It has a monthly plan for $11.95/ month as well.
- Both VPNs have a 30-day free trial, with a 100% money return guarantee.
- According to statistics, NordVPN has the best speed as per customers’ feedback. NordVPN has a consistent speed of 369 Mbps, making it the most reliable among users.
- On the other hand, Surfshark has an average speed of 161 Mbps, which is slower than Nord’s.
- Both Surfshark and NordVPN support four major things which are: Android, iOs, Mac, and Windows.
- Surfshark also supports Linux, Fire TV, Apple Tv, and browsers such as Chrome and Firefox. It is also an excellent gaming tool because it supports Xbox and PlayStation.
- NordVPN lists android TVs, Linux, Chrome, and Firefox extensions, which can only be accessed through its download page. In case you want to install it, the VPN has routers, Raspberry Pi, and NAS boxes like Western Digital My Cloud and Synology.
- In short, both devices support a wide range of devices, depending on what the client prefers.
- For you to know how good or bad a VPN is, it’s good to consider the number of countries and geolocation it serves.
- In our case, NordVPN has over 5242 servers and it is available in 60 different countries. You can pay it through credit cards, Paypal, AmazonPay, Sofort, Prepaid cards, cryptocurrency, and many others. It only allows 6 maximum simultaneous connections, while when logging in, you’ll be required to provide an email address and the billing information.
- Surfshark on the other hand has 3200 servers and serves over 65 countries. Payment can be done through Paypal, Bitcoin, and Alipay. Surfshark allows an unlimited number of connections and you can just use it without login in, as this is not a requirement.
The Bottom Line
Using VPNs has risen in the past few years as people try to protect their identities and locations. This is because technology has created an easy way for people’s privacy and security to be manipulated. Again, the same technology is now being used to help protect the same people, and that’s a good thing. These two VPNs are equally good depending on what you prefer. Their ratings on various search engines are almost similar and this shows that people enjoy using them at equal rates. The best thing is that both are affordable and support many devices at once. They also provide maximum security to the user, one key feature that is very key in any VPN.