HideMyAss: Features, Pros, Cons & Best Similar Apps
HMA VPN (formerly Hide My Ass) is a UK-based VPN Service Provider. It has a long and interesting history in the VPN industry.
Fact that it has remained their position as the Best VPN Alternative, because of its very large user base. It also offers a very effective service for its users.
In Today’s world, HMA VPN is owned by the cyber security company called “Avast” and it still has a relatively large user base.
Features of HMA VPN
- The biggest VPN network
- No log policy
- Blazing fast servers
- Open VPN protocol
- Lightning connect
- Connection rules
- IP shuffle
- The Smart Kill Switch
- No log of DNS
- Stop IPv4, IPv6, and DNS leaks when you browse
- Speed test for best performance
- Offers a user-friendly app with strong encryption
- Uses a large server network
- Support live chat
- There are no monthly subscription plans
- Does not work well for streaming
- Troubling history of data sharing
- Bad for privacy in UK jurisdiction
- Buggy kill switch with IP leaks
HMA VPN offers a 7 days VPN free trial, a 12-month plan, and a 36-month plan. More so on the website, it also offers 2-year plans, business plans, and family plans.
With HideMyAss! (HMA VPN), you will have to hand over your payment details in advance before you can start with a free seven-day trial. If you do not cancel your subscription within seven days, you’ll be charged automatically for a 12-month plan.
- For a 12-month plan, you get five connections for $4.99 per month, billed as $59.88 at once. For 10 connections billed for $7.99, at $95.88 annually.
- For a 36-month plan, you get five connections for $2.99 per month at $107.64 billed at once. Or extend to 10 connection options for $5.99 per month charged at $215.64 every three years.
- There’s also a 24-month option but this is for the 10 connections pick only. This will cost you $6.99 per month billed at $167.76 every two years.
- The family plan starts at $7.99 per month and lets you connect to 10 devices at once, but it for the annual plan, is $6.99 per month for the two-year option and is $5.99 per month for the 3-year plan. So, yes, this is identical to the normal plans, but just called a family plan.
- Business plans extend this to even more simultaneous connections ($12.99 per month for 10, $23.9 per month for 20, $32.9 per month for 30) and tailored quotes are only available on request.